Sunday 8 March 2015

Its a funny old game!!

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Andrew for his fair reflections on Saturday’s match, I am sure like me, you have spent the weekend thinking back to what happened, trying to unpick it and work out led to this heavy defeat!
I do think that there are a number of things that we can take from the game, lessons to learn and tactical issues that we need to focus on when we meet for training on Wednesday.


But I am quite a philosophical chap and think that sometimes things happen for a reason, maybe Saturday will act as a bit of a shake up and will refocus and re-energize our energy for the big Cup match on Saturday against Twyford Spartans.


We have had an outstanding season and we should not lose confidence or spirit on the back of this defeat.  As I said on Saturday the test of a true team is that they learn lessons when they can and hold steady our resolve, passion and belief!


Training on Wednesday will be really important this week.  In addition to John and Callad we will have Gillian with us for the full hour and she will be working with the defensive players.

The match on Saturday has also posed a few challenges for John and I in respect of team selection for the Cup game, we hope to name the starting team on Wednesday, suffice to say though that the same squad will be asked to come to the game. 


As I indicated on Saturday the match is not now to be played at a neutral venue it is to be played at Tywford Spartans ground.  However I will clarify where this is because the leagues website indicates that they play at two different locations!  Suffice to say it will be somewhere near Tiverton.
The kickoff is at 10:30am, however I will be asking players to meet at 9:30am at the ground and the warm up will start at 9:45am prompt.


Okay I think thats all from me, as ever am never far away if there are any problems.

Thanks

Mark  

No comments:

Post a Comment