Monday 14 November 2016

Challenging Times!

Hello everyone,

I thought I would sneak a quick note in before the match report from the weekend comes in.  Was thinking long and hard on the journey back from Milton Keynes yesterday to try and find the right for of words!

This season continues to pose new challenges for John and I in managing this wonderful bunch of players.

I was really upset to hear about what happened on Saturday, massive respect and credit to the boys that pitched up and played but I am sorry that it was a tough defeat against a strong Heavitree team. 

Sadly two players who had been asked to play withdrew late on Friday night and one on Saturday morning which left us with the bare 11 players, no substitutes and no one to cover injuries, of which there were a couple.

This made the task of beating Heavitree almost impossible and I do not think this was fair on the players that turned up.

Injuries, illnesses are totally understandable and even other opportunities that the boys have are great and we support this if we can have notice.  But John and I are trying to run a football team and I do not think it is fair on him or the players to be put into these situations.  I cannot imagine anyone would disagree with that.

Moan over.  So sorry to the players and parents that turned up and lets train and build now for the next match which away against St Martins.

See you on Wednesday for training 6pm (prompt!!) please.

Regards

Mark



No comments:

Post a Comment