Monday 16 June 2014

Saturday's Social!!

Hi everyone, 

The end of season social is looming quickly in the horizon now and I just wanted to send out some details and also to suggest a way of ensuring that we can coordinate the food to make it easy on us all. 

So I have now paid and sent a list of all the people coming to the River Dart Country Park and we have a final number of 36 which is great. 

Weather depending it should be a great day and I am sure all the boys are looking forward to it. 

The park opens at 10am and so we can arrive anytime, I will try and get their at 10am to find a suitable base for us all. I will bring a gazebo and a few chairs and tables etc but if everyone can bring anything that they think would be helpful, especially camping tables that would be ideal. 

The main gate will have a list of all the people who are coming so all you should need to do is to give your name and they will let you in. 

 I am sure that most people will have been to the park either recently or, like me, as a young lad! It’s a great place where all the boys (and parents) can get wet and muddy and run wild in relatively safety. 

Their website (www.riverdart.co.uk) has a load of information and also has a map, directions and other interesting stuff! 

 So to the most important thing…..lunch :-) It seems that with 36 people coming we would be wise to coordinate the food to try and avoid having huge amounts of any one thing so if people are happy I propose that we all bring a few different things, lay it out and then go for it. 

The general consensus seems to be a that a cold food buffet would be the simplest and best way of doing lunch. 

So I have drawn up a long list of (all my favourite!!!) food and have broken it down depending on your surname. I do hope that’s okay, any problems PLEASE let me know. 

 Agget Family 
Butter 
Selection of cheeses 
Cold chicken or other meat. 
Pasta salad 

Bevan Family 
French sticks 
Selection of quiches 
Plastic knifes and forks (40) 
Blackcurrant cordial 

Dornan Family 
Cold ham 
Salad dressing 
Green salad 
Pudding (A)

 Lippman-Errasti Family 
Few bottles of lemonade 
Selection of fruit 
Coleslaw 
Rice salad 

Pye family
Selection of raw vegetables 
Dips
Cake for high tea!!

Plumer Family 
Cold pizza’s 
French sticks 
Cheddar cheese 
Few big bottles of water 

Ramsey Family 
Sliced ham 
Paper plates (40) 
Selection of fruit 
Orange cordial 

Richeson Family 
Pudding (B) 
Cold sausages 
Salad cream and mayonnaise 
Paper cups (40)

Sloman Family 
Couscous salad 
Crisps 
Potato salad 
Napkins 

Worth family 
Few bottles of coke 
Selection of fruit 
Crisps 
Pudding (C) 

This does feel a bit of a crude method of dividing this all up and I am sat here cringing as I type but I do hope that this will work out okay. 

No pressure for anything to be homemade  However if you have a family favourite that you would like to do in addition to this list then please feel free, I am sure nothing will go to waste!! 

Any last minute problems then please get in touch, if I could do a collection on the day that would be great, it is £5 per person. 

Fingers crossed for the weather and that we will have a great day, looking back at a great season and looking forward to the 2014/15 season!! 
 Many thanks 
 Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment