Wednesday 28 January 2015

B is for Bideford!!

Hello everyone 

 I don’t know about you boys but I thought it was a really good training session this evening. 

 Thanks to John for talking through the importance of maintaining good positioning during match play. I just want to mention a couple of things and then move on if I may.

 Respect and team spirit: 
 We have a brilliant bunch of players and all 15 of you are at the core of the team. It was a real shame to have one of our players upset this evening. 

 John and I need to be clear that we do not want to hear of anyone being critical of any of the team at any time. It has no place in our team.

 I also think that the strength of friendship and team spirit is one of the things that gives us an advantage and why in part we have done so well in the last couple of years. 

 Support, encouragement and friendship......that is what Central City is all about! 

 This extends to being respectful and listening to John or I when we are talking. It would be easy to spend the whole hour just having fun and playing a game, but I don’t think we would learn or develop very much, so sometimes it is important to talk through some tactics rather than just playing and doing drills.

 I hope that is fair, I don’t want to sound mean, but I would ask you to always respect and value the friendship of our team. 

Okay moving on!! 

 So we have Bideford on Saturday, a tough match but I honestly feel so positive about our squad and feel that we can give them a run for their money!!

 The weather ‘up North’ is looking a bit wet and windy, Ross (Bideford Manager) is aware that we are hiring a minibus and have a long journey so will be inspecting the pitch on Friday lunchtime, I will keep you posted as always. 

John and I have had a difficult decision to make in choosing the 11 boys to travel to Bideford, ensuring we have a balanced and competitive squad. 

 Goal Keeper - Sam R 

 Defence – Josh (c), Cameron and Charlie 

 Midfield – Sam P, Will P, Dan and Tom

 Striker – Alfie W 

 Starting Subs – Ewan and Joe Rested, injured or unavailable – Alfie R, Ryan, Oscar and Will A.

 For those of you coming on the mini bus we will be LEAVING the main car park at King George V at 8:30am sharp to enable us to get there in plenty of time, any problems please keep me posted. 

For those collecting players after the game I would anticipate that we would be returning to KGV at around 1:30pm, but please do not worry as I will wait until you are able to get there. 

 Exeter City Match evening 
 Last call please for those wanting to come to the Exeter City v Cambridge United game which is one of the Central FC organised events. 

 Just a quick recap tickets are £15 (players or parents welcome) for seat, pizza, drink, match programme and the players get to have a penalty shoot out at half time! 

 So far I have Ewan, Rupert, Tom, Steve D, Cameron, Charlie, Steve T, Will P, Andrew P, Russ and Will A on the list.

 If you are not on this list and would like to come please can you let me know by Saturday. 

The easiest way to pay would be through a BACS transfer into the Central FC account (69382285 09-01-53) or a cheque payable to Central FC to me, thank you. 

 Dads night in! 
A big thank you to Russ, Lynn and Will for hosting a great evening at the weekend, it was a resounding success and great fun so thank you. 

 More plans are afoot so watch this space for details! 

 The Spanish Tour 
Just a quick mention of the Spanish trip which had been talked of just before Christmas. Many thanks to Emer, Rupert and Andrew P for doing some background work on it.

 What we found was that it would have been roughly £350 per person and with relatively short notice I think the general sense was that this was going to be too much. 

 So I think the only thing to do would be to put a halt to this opportunity but we are going to work on a mini tour this summer (probably in this country) and then aim for an international trip next season!! 

Blimey sorry I do go on, but hope that’s all of interest and help. 

 See you on Saturday and/or Wednesday 

Regards 
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment