Thursday 7 May 2015

So much I didn't say!!

Hello everyone, 

 Well it was so wonderful to see everyone at the presentation evening on Saturday and hope that you all had a good time. It was a long old evening wasn’t it but I hope the boys enjoyed the occasion and thinking back on what has been a great season for our squad! 

Congratulations to Sam R, Charlie and to Josh for your awards and to the whole squad. 

 As the evening wore on I knew that what I had planned on saying needed to be trimmed a bit as I could see people flagging and so there are a few things that I wanted to say but didn’t. 

 I wanted to once again thank all the parents of the players for the support throughout the season, to everyone and anyone who has tackled the Samba goals, run the line (no mean feat this year with off side), supplied the half time oranges and travelled many hundreds of miles in getting the players to the matches on time.

 I would like to thank Andrew Worth and Jasmine for their weekly match reports which have made for entertaining and enjoyable reading and have acted as a nice memory of the various matches that we have played. I know from looking at the number of ‘hits’ on the site that they have been enjoyed by many people over the season so thank you once again.

 I wanted to say thank you for the kind gifts that John and I received, that was really kind and I will ensure that I pass onto Gillian and Callad the ones for them when I see them next. 

 To all the players I want to say thank you for your hard work and efforts all season long. You have trained and played really hard this season, in all weathers, but have done yourselves really proud.

 Finishing third in the top division for your age group is exceptional and we should be really pleased with the way we have approached the season. 

Maintaining a reasonably large squad for 9 a-side has meant that players have had to be patient and have perhaps not played as much football as they would have wanted. 

 I acknowledge that and understand it and hope you all know that John and I have always tried our best to juggle the challenge of being competitive and being equitable. It is hard and I know that I don’t always get it right! 

 Two things for the summer. As last summer I will be entering teams for summer tournaments, probably 4 or 5 over the summer and will text parents to ask about availability and interest. 

 The second thing is that I am trying to organise another day at the River Dart Country Park, probably a Saturday, and have fingers crossed that it will be another wonderful day like last year. Again I will text around but am provisionally thinking that the Saturday 13th June, but that is subject to confirmation!! 

 Okay I am going to sign off now, but am sure that I will see you over the summer, either at the River Dart day or at a summer tournament. 

 Kind regards 
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment