Tuesday 4 October 2016

Few thoughts

Hi everyone,

Well this is proving to be a testing season already isn't it and it is only September!!  No trouble, we are a great bunch and it will all come good I am very confident.

A few things just to mention….

I have had to submit a form last week to postpone the match planned for this Saturday 8th October.  We were due to play Collumpton however we have Sam, Max, Onur and Joey all away on a school trip so this would have left us without enough to raise a team.  Added to this we still have Josh out for another week and Ewan out with a fractured wrist.  

We also had confirmation yesterday that Cameron has a stress fracture to a metatarsal in his left foot!!  This will see him out for as as yet unknown period, but potentially 4- 6 weeks, although we will know more in 2 weeks when he has another x ray.  

Training will now switch for ISCA from this Wednesday 5th October  6pm to 7pm.  

No match or training this weekend, leaves our next match an away fixture against Alphington (deep joy!!) on Saturday 15th October.

I am going to organise a team social trip for those that would like to come down to Plymouth on Sunday 6th November to watch the Plymouth Raiders basketball team.  I know many of you will have been down there before, but it is a great afternoon (4pm tip off), fun atmosphere and a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Depending on how many people we get I will try and negotiate a group booking, but either way I wouldn't anticipate it being more than £10 per ticket.  If we have enough interest then I would be happy to hire a minibus or see if we can get enough cars to bring everyone down.  This is open to players, parents, siblings so just let me know and I will book up.  Could I have confirmation please by Monday 10th October and I will book the tickets.  We can sort the money out later.

Think that's it from me, see you on Wednesday at Isca.

Regards

Mark 

No comments:

Post a Comment